What is Growth Mindset?
The term ‘growth mindset’ refers to a way of thinking, learning and taking on challenges. A person with a growth mindset is open to constructive criticism, takes feedback and uses it, takes on new challenges, pushes themselves outside of their comfort zone and shows resilience and perseverance.
Studies show that it is people with a growth mindset (as opposed to a fixed mindset) who achieve in life, are successful in all they do and are happy. Which is exactly what we strive for with our children!
Key Thoughts of Growth Mindset Learners
- We remember it’s always OK to make mistakes – we learn from them.
- We never give up! We try a different approach, or use a different strategy.
- We learn from each other.
- We challenge ourselves – which really helps us make progress.
- We take risks – we don’t limit ourselves by taking the easy option.
- We join in as much as possible – and we learn much more by being involved.
- We remember that mastering something new feels so much better than doing something you can already do.
- We remember that the brain is making new connections all the time – the more we experience and learn, the more connections we grow and the cleverer we get!
Want to know more?
Click on the video below to find out more...