We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff, parents, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Miss Francesca Shaw - Headteacher
We also have a Safeguarding Team of trained staff who can support or help in the absence of Miss Shaw:
Mrs D Shaw - Family and Community Manager
Mrs T Gale - Inclusion Manager
Mrs K Harvey - Assistant Headteacher
Our allocated safeguarding governor is: Holly White
To view our Safeguarding policy, please visit our Policies page.
We fully recognise our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the health and well-being of all the children in our care.
We therefore strive to:
- Ensure we practice safer recruitment in compliance with the LCSB Standards for Safer Recruitment 2010
- Raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
- Implement the Kent LA procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Support children who have been abused in accordance with the Kent LA procedures
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate safeguarding training in compliance with the LCSB Training Strategy, which includes e-safety
Comments from Ofsted report (2017)
Pupils feel safe. Staff know what to do if they have concerns about a pupil’s welfare. Concerns are rigorously followed up. Leaders are very aware of pupils whose circumstances make them vulnerable. Effective links are made with external agencies to provide the additional support that these pupils and their families need.
Pupils are given good information about how to keep themselves safe because of the opportunities that the curriculum provides. Visiting speakers and special events such as anti-bullying weeks help to reinforce the importance of safety.