At Cranbrook we are committed to keeping the children active and healthy through educating them on healthy life choices involving exercise and health. The children are involved in two PE lessons a week focusing around a range of different skills, sports and activities. In addition to these opportunities, children are able to access different clubs before, during and after school to keep them active. As a school we are also regularly involved in competitions with other schools. We are proud of our sporting achievements and the children and are always brilliant representatives of our school by demonstrating our school values.
School closure guidance:
During the school closure we would love the children to maintain an active lifestyle and make healthy choices. Please see the list of websites below which can help them achieve this.
Some of these activities involve use of equipment, cooking, meal preparation and advice on how to keep hands clean.
Healthy food choices:
You could try making some of these healthy meals and snacks at home.
Activities that can completed at home:
These websites provide activities that can done at home. There are lots of brilliant videos for you to be watching and workouts to be taking part in.
- https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities - Lots of brilliant activities that can be done at home (lots of these are inside if you are not able to access a garden) For quick fun activities try the '10 minute Shake Up Games'
- https://funetics.co.uk/for-parents/funetics-activity-videos/ - Videos to show activities that can be done at home. Some activities require resources.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers - This is from BBC teach lots of videos showing activities that you can get involved in based on age ranges. This website also has lots of free interactive lessons for maths English and science
- Fire fighter fit kids - this is on youtube. We have done some of these workouts at school. The kids loved them!
Activities based around sports:
- https://www.lta.org.uk/play-compete/lta-youth/tennis-at-home/ Fun tennis activities at home. You will need rackets and balls for these activities.
Websites which require signing up:
- https://healthyfutures.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=35a57192e9ec6a559eaaa6cf9&id=492f01d6de - Involves daily activities and healthy choices logs.
Stay active, healthy and have fun!
GO TEAM CRANBROOK!
At Cranbrook we are very lucky as we are able to take part in competitions with other schools.
We are very proud of all of the children and their achievements at these. Our recent achievements include:
- Participation in a swimming gala
- 1st place at the New Age Kurling competition
- The year 6's preparing for their upcoming swimming gala